- Reconciliation / Redemption.
- Righteousness / Justification.
- Holy / Holiness.
And He said unto them, "You are from beneath; I Am from above: you are of this world; I Am not of this world. This is why I said unto you, ‘That you shall die in your Sin: for if you believe not that I Am He, you shall die in your Sin.’"
- v8. State of a person before believing: If we say [as a non-believer] that we have no sin [that being the sin of not believing in Him], we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- v9. The moment of believing on Him: If we confess our sin [as a non-believer repenting from the sin of not believing, to believing in Jesus Christ], He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin [of previously not believing], and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- v10. A believing person: If we say [as a believer] that we have not sinned [previously not been in the sin of unbelief], we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.