Grace and Peace Multiplied



2 Peter 1:2
Grace and peace is multiplied unto you through the [precise and correct knowledge] of God, and of Jesus our Lord.

It's important that we have the correct knowledge of God and Jesus. This is the Greek meaning for that word knowledge used: epignosis - precise and correct knowledge. Grace and peace aren't going to multiply with our lives and relationship with them if we have incorrect information and wrong thinking and believing about them.

I had that in my life and I never experienced that Grace and peace until I changed my understanding of them. When I saw God and Jesus in the Light of the Gospel of True Grace that is Love and all that they have accomplished for me and gifted to me, my life became more than a life waiting for heaven to come. I could now Live a Life on this earth in their Love and Authority and Holy Spirit! Their Kingdom of Heaven is now (not to come).

But much of my life was just waiting around for life to happen--for God to make things happen. But waiting for the Lord when there's no goal or expectation, is just waiting on "fate". This got me nowhere but down and out. "Why does my life feel empty and without direction?" Because it was without me knowing. Deception is a powerful lie that you don't even know you are in.

But when I realized that finding the Lord's will for my life gave hope and direction, so came with it clarity of mind and peace. No longer was I "helpless". No longer am I a victim to deception; I am a CONQUEROR in Christ Jesus!

I've lived both sides of life: One with the mindset of if it happens, it'll happen... "whatever will be will be (Que Sera, Sera)" vs. now having a waiting-in-knowing that the Lord will make it happen.

One is relying on "fate", the other relying on the Lord.

One brings complacency, the other Expectation.

One is lethargy, the other is Rest.

One apathy, the other Strength.

One indifference, the other Confidence.

One is laziness, the other Patience.

One is uncertainty, the other Trust.

One is despair, the other that expectant Hope.

Thank you Lord for the latter!

Let's embrace that of Him, that we can come close to Him and embrace Him personally. Let's walk into that Throne Room and give our Father God a nice long hug. Being as a child with Him: we are His sons and daughters--and siblings of Jesus Christ. Let's have that innate trust with Him that a child has to a parent. Listening and believing without doubt.

This is why we must see God as our Loving Father (not an angry or confused God). Jesus was our demonstration of the Father: Kind, Loving, Healing, Blessing, Giving. Good. All of which are His Fruits of His Spirit. He gives us out of Himself. So if the fruits He gives us are Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith, Meekness, and Temperance (Galatians 5:22-23), then He embodies all those Himself. For God is Love (1 John 4:8) and is all He asks us and created us to be. He will not ask us to be or do more holy and righteous than He is or does. He and we are Love:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
God (Love) suffers long, God (Love) is kind; God (Love) envies not; God (Love) boasts not itself, God (Love) is not puffed up, God (Love) does not behave itself unseemly, God (Love) seeks not her own, God (Love) is not easily provoked, God (Love) thinks no evil, God (Love) rejoices not in iniquity, God (Love) rejoices in the truth, God (Love) bears all things, God (Love) believes all things, God (Love) hopes all things, God (Love) endures all things. God (Love) never fails!

Comments

Popular Posts