- Spirit = the Most Holy of Holies.
- The Heart being the doorway between the Spirit and Soul.
- Soul = the Holy Place.
- The Mind being the doorway between the Soul and Body.
- Body = Courtyard.
- Gate and fence representing our 5 senses (our connection to the world around us).
- Will (Our-Will / God’s-Will).
- Gifts / Fruit of the Spirit.
- Spirit: occurs 261 times in 234 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
- Soul: occurs 39 times in 36 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
- Body: occurs 135 times in 112 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
- Heart: occurs 105 times in 98 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
- Mind: occurs 56 times in 54 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
- Flesh: occurs 149 times in 128 verses in your custom selection ' in 'The New Testament'' in the KJV.
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master’s use, and prepared unto every good work.
What the Lord does not want us to do is value our bodies so much that it (the body) becomes the definer in our lives--hence why even Jesus cried out to the Lord for any chance to take away what He was going to go through at the Cross.
For me, as I used to understand it, the word ‘soul’ and the word ‘spirit’ were one-and-the-same. But when you study it out and look at the meanings in the Greek, they are clearly separate. This, to me, made a huge difference in reading scripture where a verse would use soul—I could now relate it to what my soul is, and not confuse it with my Spirit.
- A loved-one that dies. I experience sadness / grief. From that, I then can: feel like crying; feel like isolating ourself; feel like praising the Lord.
- I’m overloaded at work. I experience stress / anxiety. From that, I can: feel like quitting my job; feel like drinking; feel like I should seek help.
- The Holy Ghost is showing His Love for someone through me. I experience that Love. From that, I can: feel like going over to that person to do what the Holy Ghost tells me; feel like running away; feel like praying.